More Brits than ever are choosing to holiday in the UK and what better way to experience a staycation than at a hostel. In Blog 5 we “de-bunk” hostel myths with our TOP 10 reasons to stay with YHA.
I’m sure you’ve heard about “Staycations” – a holiday spent in your home country rather than travelling abroad. Anything from a weekend away to a fortnight holiday. The increasing trend for staycations has been attributed to the uncertainty of Brexit and hopes for a repeat of last summer’s record-breaking heatwave. It’s now estimated that almost half of Britons are likely to holiday in the UK rather than the EU.
In 2018 UK holiday searches and bookings were up by a third on the previous year together with increased UK hotel reservations, according to a study by travel industry digital marketing specialist Sojern. According to Travel Weekly, Cornwall is the top beach holiday destination, The Lake District for a rural retreat and Edinburgh is the most popular city break.
So, if you’re planning a Staycation for 2019 look no further than YHA. With rural, coastal and urban locations throughout England & Wales, and millions of pounds of investment in their portfolio of properties in recent years, it’s a great time to discover your perfect UK getaway.
We hope to de-bunk those old Hostel Myths you may be clinging to (did you see what we did there 😉 ) and have collated our top 10 reasons to stay with YHA:
- YHA isn’t just about Hostels, they offer an amazing range of camping and glamping sites too. YHA currently has 150 hostels and 45 campsites across England and Wales
- You no longer have to do chores!
- Hostelling does not have to mean staying in a bunk bed in a shared dorm room with other people. If that’s not your thing, they have plenty of room types available, including private rooms with ensuite facilities, cabins and even tipis which allow you to enjoy some privacy and space of your own.
- YHA also offer the opportunity to hire 100 of their properties exclusively. Perfect for a big celebration, a Stag/Hen Do or a group trip for all ages and in some truly spectacular locations.
- YHA’s city centre hostels are ideal for those seeking a base for a quick getaway. With perfectly-located hostels in major hubs such as London, Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff, sightseeing and cultural possibilities are just a booking away! Plus YHA offer discounts at many tourist attractions, so if it’s a cheap city break you’re after, don’t forget to ask at the hostel when you stay.
- With an incredibly diverse network of hostels including rural castles and listed buildings YHA has a challenge when offering accessibility. You can find a number of hostels where some adaptations may make them suitable for wheelchair users and people with mobility impairments and each hostel has an access statement which can be found below their facilities section. http://bit.ly/YHAAccessibleHostels
- It’s the perfect choice if you want to holiday with your four legged friends. Dogs are welcome to stay with their owners at YHA Camping & Cabins sites, either for free if you pitch your own tent or for just £5 per night if you opt for one of their glamping options – simply pay on arrival.
- Did you know many hostels now offer a licensed bar, cafe, restaurant? Likewise, if you want to do your own thing and cook for yourself, there are well-equipped self-catering kitchens at almost all hostels.
- You don’t have to change or bring your own bedding and towels can be provided for a small additional cost.
- YHA is a charity that transforms young lives forever through travel and real adventure. You may not know it but, when you choose YHA, you’re helping change young lives for the better, forever. Every penny YHA make is used to improve access to travel and real adventure for all young people. So when you stay with YHA, you’re contributing to opening up a world of possibilities to young people, many of whom just wouldn’t be able to. http://bit.ly/YHAStory
About YHA & SYYCO
SYYCO has been YHA’s agency of choice for affiliate marketing for over 3 years. Together our relationship has grown tenfold. We’ve successfully grown YHA’s affiliate marketing program over these years and made it a profitable part of their digital marketing strategy.
This is what YHA have to say about SYYCO…
“SYYCO and YHA have had a really successful partnership for the last three years. SYYCO have been helping to drive more direct bookings to our website and always strive to help us find the most relevant publishers to work with. YHA is now prominent on a range of different publishers websites increasing the exposure of our brand”.
Lucy Duszczak, Digital Product Manager at YHA England & Wales.
YHA offer a great affiliate program via Affiliate Future. Strong messaging and unique and attractive offers all year round make this a great program to be part of. Sign up today.